Assistant Buyer job, Meath
Our client is in search of an exceptional Assistant Buyer who possesses an eager attitude and has ambitions to grow their Buying career. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a Buying office. Our client promises progression in this role for the right candidate. We would like to hear from ambitious and commercial Assistant Buyers who are looking for a new opportunity in a progressive company.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer job include:
- Assessing the commercial performance and the current ranges in their categories
- Reviewing market trends and opportunities
- Reviewing competitors’ offerings and price positioning
- Helping to assess the current pricing and margin performance
- Ensuring that the category files are up to date and accurate
- Carrying out all necessary administration correctly and on time
- Maintaining regular contact with suppliers
- Updating Buying systems as appropriate
- Regularly reviewing stock and sales information and taking appropriate actions
- Communicating promotions, price changes and new product information to stores
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a Buying Office
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good negotiation skills coupled with commercial awareness
- Exceptional understanding of the market and relevant trends
Salary: €35-50k DOE
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.