Assistant Buyer job in Dublin
Excel Recruitment is seeking a fashionable sports enthusiast with previous buying experience. This is a wonderful chance to work for a great and progressive company in Dublin city centre as an Assistant Buyer. The successful candidate will understand the importance of how sportswear should perform at the highest level and also look great whether you’re in the gym or on the street. Must be aware of trends in sportswear and fashion.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with 2+ years experience in a similar Assistant Buying position in a busy head office.
You will need to demonstrate a strong interest in sport and proven success in a buying role.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Ensuring that all orders placed for the department are maintained accurately and to the highest of standards
- Monitoring and managing the stock levels against sales projections and feeding any necessary information to the buyer
- Helping with the preparation for meetings and presentations
- Resolving any queries from stores and suppliers
- Viewing new and potential products with the buying team
- Supporting any planning and trading for the department
- Carrying out regular competitor pricing and product activity
- Visiting stores to monitor stock levels and the layout of the department
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job:
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a retail buying position
- Exceptional organisational and prove negotiation skills
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently and in a team
- Commercially minded and have excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of trends and the market in general
- Be passionate about Sport and Fashion
- Highly IT literate
- Third Level Degree or Diploma in Buying or Business ideal but not mandatory
Salary: €30-35k & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.