Assistant Buyer, Cork city centre
Excel Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Buyer for this exciting retail brand. The successful buying candidate will have a commercial eye, a good understanding of the market and will provide hands-on support for stores in order to drive sales. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will analyse sales, spot opportunities and build positive working relationships with suppliers and store management.
Responsibilities for this Assistant Buyer job:
- Managing a large portfolio of different product ranges/layouts
- Analyse sales reports to determine best sellers
- Monitor current category trends and make recommendations based on your insights
- Liaise with the Marketing/Purchasing Department to determine upcoming promotional activities of a product category
- Develop long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for poor performing product lines
- Present new product lines to management teams and outline the benefits of each
- Regular visits to stores to ensure a full understanding of products
- Complete all ad-hoc duties that may arise
Requirements of this Assistant Buyer job:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Buying
- Retail Experience is desirable
- Experience in using SAP System
- Computer literate with experience in using advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Confident in communicating/presenting during management meetings
- Strong track record as a team player in a fast-paced environment with a high level of dedication and commitment
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills coupled with a proven ability in working in a deadline driven environment
Salary: Up to €40k & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.