Assistant Buyer Fresh Food job north Dublin
Our client, who offers a wide range of services to their customers, are looking for a strong Assistant Buyer to join their fresh food team. Reporting to the Buyer, the successful candidate will support the team and actively look for commercial opportunities to drive the business forward. This is a fast-paced environment so you must be able to effectively multi-task and remain business focused.
Please note, you must currently be operating at an Assistant Buyer, Senior Buying Assistant level to be considered for this role, as you will need to hit the ground running.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a very progressive Irish company.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Provide full administrative support to the Buyer
- Organise promotional activity and communicate back to stores
- Help resolve supplier/branch/accounts queries
- Prepare appropriate reports for daily, weekly and any adhoc meetings
- Support project work as required e.g. Seasonal brochure, range rationalisation or any other projects that the business may require
- Maintain supplier and category filing system
- Support Buyer with strategy, pricing and market activity, promotions and supply chain
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job:
- Undergraduate or equivalent
- At least two year’s experience in a buying role in a similar environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Salary: €40-50k DOE & Excellent benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.