Assistant Buyer – Health & Beauty job available in Dublin
We are seeking a passionate Assistant Buyer for one of Ireland’s most successful fashion retailers. We would like to hear from people who love fashion and have experience working in a fast-paced buying office. This role is on the Health & Beauty team so candidates with buying experience from this background are required.
If you have a great eye for detail and would like the opportunity to work on this exciting and constantly innovating team, then please get in touch. Candidates must be very trend aware and hold buying experience from a similar fast paced environment.
As an Assistant Buyer on Health & Beauty, you will support the Buyer in selecting and buying the correct ranges for delivery in order to maximise sales and drive profit.
Reporting into the Buyer your key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets as well as continually assessing the range against competitors
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations, rescheduling of orders and continually monitor the critical path
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN, fashion publications and social media
- Review competitor offer and market in general
- Understand the customer
- Support negotiations and work with supply base to ensure best price and margin is achieved
- Support junior members of the team
Requirements for this Health & Beauty Buying job:
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Fashion Buying
- Experience working as part of a Buying team in busy head office
- Ability to source on-trend product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
Salary: €40-50k plus great benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.