Assistant Buyer Homeware job Dublin city centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a dynamic Assistant Buyer who can work within a fast-paced environment and possesses excellent critical path management skills. Ideal candidates have strong experience in product development and Buying their own ranges. Reporting to the Buyer, you will be working as part of our client’s Homeware department team.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic candidate who is ideally already at Assistant Buyer level. Our client needs a confident communicator with good negotiation skills who can build strong supplier relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer who wants to make their mark in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Responsibilities for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Contributing to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets
- Taking appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpreting trends and translating into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Reviewing competitors’ offers and continually assessing the range against competitors
- Understanding the customer base in conjunction with the Buyer
- Supporting negotiations and working with supply base to ensure best costs and margins are achieved
- Directing and training junior team members
Requirements for this of Assistant Buyer job include:
- Minimum of 2-3+ years’ experience in Buying
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work without direction
- Passion for trend and product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
- Strong multi-tasking skills
Salary: €40-50k DOE and includes an excellent benefits package
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.