Assistant Buyer – Ladies Accessories, Dublin city centre
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer with our leading fast-fashion client on their Ladies Accessories team. The ideal candidate is currently a senior level Assistant Buyer responsible for their own ranges with a solid understanding of the market.
Working within the Buying team, the Assistant Buyer must have strong negotiation and communication skills, and be capable of working in a fast paced, highly pressurised environment. We are looking for applicants with proven trend knowledge and the ability to show initiative and actively problem solve. A proficiency at building and developing effective relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business is required.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Reviewing competitor offers
- Understanding the customer base and managing range development
- Supporting negotiations and working with supply base to ensure best price and margin is achieved
- Working closely with the Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement
- Taking appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpreting trends and translating into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Minimum 3+ years’ relevant Buying experience
- The ability to work without direction and show initiative
- Great attention to detail, with a commercial aptitude
- Assisting with the training of junior team members
- The ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Passionate about fashion
Salary: €40-50k DOE, includes an excellent benefits package and assistance with relocation if required
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.