Assistant Buyer Menswear, Dublin City Centre
Reporting to the Buyer, as Assistant Buyer you will be involved in all aspects of developing our client’s Menswear ranges and maximising profit for the business. You will have full ownership of your own category area, and will be responsible for product development, range building, planning, sign offs and strategy development.
We are looking for mid to senior level Assistant Buyers with a strong background in trend led menswear. It is essential that applicants show fashion and commercial awareness, with a passion for product and creative flair.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Contribute to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Support negotiations and work with supply base to ensure best costs and margins are achieved
- Assist with the training of junior team members
- Working with suppliers to develop samples and build a commercial range
- Researching market and customer trends, Identifying any new products for the department to trial
- Developing an understanding of the OTB
- Highlighting and discussing risks identified from sales, offering potential solutions
- Reviewing supplier performance alongside the Buyer
Requirements for the job of Retail Assistant Buyer:
- Minimum 3+ year’s relevant Buying experience
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident decision maker
- A passion for trend and product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
- A full understanding the Buying and Merchandising life cycle
- Some experienced in managing or mentoring others
- Proficient in presenting to senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can confidently work out cost prices, margins and recommend selling prices
- Possess the ability to work without direction
- Highly organised, able to plan and prioritise your workload
Salary: DOE, including an excellent benefits package and assistance with relocation if required.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.