Assistant Buyer Menswear, Dublin City Centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a dynamic and passionate Assistant Buyer who can work within a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Buyer, you will be responsible for managing your own ranges and supply base, driving sales forward through effective product sourcing, range planning and negotiations.
We are looking for mid to senior level Assistant Buyers with a strong background in trend led menswear. It is essential that applicants show fashion and commercial awareness, with a passion for product and creative flair. The successful candidate will be confident, enthusiastic communicators, who can work well in a team and on their own initiative.
Responsibilities for the job of Retail Assistant Buyer:
- Contribute to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets
- Review competitor offers and continually assess the range against competitors
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Understand the customer base and in conjunction with the Buyer
- Support negotiations and work with supply base to ensure best costs and margins are achieved
- Assist with the training of junior team members.
Requirements for the job of Retail Assistant Buyer:
- Minimum 3+ years’ relevant Buying experience
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident decision maker
- A passion for trend and product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
Salary: €40-50k DOE, includes an excellent benefits package and assistance with relocation if required
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.