Assistant Buyer Menswear – Dublin City Centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a dynamic and passionate Assistant Buyer who can work within a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Buyer, you will be responsible for managing your own ranges and supply base, driving sales forward through effective product sourcing, range planning and negotiations.
Our client’s Menswear product is trend-led and they attract a wide range of age groups so commercial awareness is key.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic person who is ideally already at Assistant Buyer level with experience in Buying their own ranges. Our client needs a confident communicator with good negotiation skills who can build strong supplier relationships.
Responsibilities for the job of Retail Assistant Buyer:
- Contribute to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets
- Review competitor offers and continually assess the range against competitors
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Understand the customer base and in conjunction with the Buyer
- Support negotiations and work with supply base to ensure best costs and margins are achieved
- Assist with the training of junior team members
Requirements for the job of Retail Assistant Buyer:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in Fashion Buying
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Confident decision maker
- A passion for trend and product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
Salary: €40-50k DOE and includes an excellent benefits package
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.