Assistant Buyer – Pharmacy, west Dublin
Our client, who is one of Ireland’s largest pharmacy buying groups, is currently seeking a competent Assistant Buyer for their retail chain of pharmacies. This is a great opportunity to join their ever-growing business.
As Assistant Buyer, you will be responsible for supporting the buying function across one or multiple categories and ensure optimal business profitability through ranges whilst liaising closely with suppliers.
The desired candidate will have 2+ year’s experience in a relevant Buying role and will hold OTC, Health & Beauty or FMCG experience. The desired candidate will hold strong knowledge of trends and the market in general, is a self-assured communicator, and thrives within a fast-paced and reactive environment.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Supporting the Buyer, sourcing and delivering the right products at the right time to meet customer requirements
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Working with the Buyer, to plan and manage promotional activity
- Analyse and manage stock levels
- Reviewing competitor offers and the overall market
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- A minimum of 2+ year’s FMCG/Retail Buying experience
- Thorough knowledge of the market and relevant trends
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
Salary: Up to €35k DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel website.