Assistant Buyer – Womenswear, Dublin city centre
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer with a leading fast-fashion retailer on their Womenswear team. The ideal candidate is currently a senior level Assistant Buyer responsible for their own ranges with a solid understanding of fashion trends and the market.
Working within the Buying team, the Assistant Buyer will be responsible for developing products for the Womenswear department. We are looking for applicants with proven trend knowledge and the ability to show initiative and actively problem solve. You should have strong communication and organisation skills with a good eye for detail and a love of fashion!
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Understanding the customer base and developing commercial ranges to meet demand
- Supporting negotiations and working with suppliers to ensure best price and margin is achieved
- Working closely with the Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement
- Taking appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpreting trends and translating into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Reviewing competitor offers
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience Buying your own area
- Sourcing and product development experience
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
- Assisting with the training of junior team members
- The ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Passionate about fashion
Salary: €40-50k DOE plus generous benefits (including assistance with relocation)
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.