Assistant Buyer job available in North Dublin
An Assistant Buyer is required for a market leading tel-com retailer. The core purpose of this role is to support the Buyer and to effectively work with stores. This role focuses on administrative and data entry tasks, along with assisting the Buyer in planning and implementing key initiatives to grow the category.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone in the early stages of their buying career looking to progress in a fast pace head office retail environment.
Please note you must be analytical, commercial and a great communicator.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Work closely with store staff to ensure initiatives are rolled out.
- Input pricing accurately as directed by the Buyer.
- Produce daily and weekly stock / sales reports.
- Brief Marketing and Online teams on weekly promotions.
- Undertake regular tracking of competitor activity.
- Produce promotional planning documents for different categories.
- Ensure all online content is correct and up-to-date.
- Ad hoc projects.
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job:
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and data management skills.
- IT proficient with ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent retail experience.
- Experience working within a FMCG retailer.
- Experience of Electricals/Tel-com market and products.
Salary: €30-35k DOE & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.