Our client, who specialise in Kid’s Fashion are looking for a commercial and analytical Assistant Buyer. You will be supporting the Head of Buying with the day to day running of the buying and merchandising functions. You will be required to help buy the ranges and to effectively manage the replenishment of categories ensuring excellent availability, whilst monitoring sales, stocks and markdowns to achieve maximum profitability for the business.
You must have at least 1-2 years of Buying and/or Merchandising experience and be competent using Microsoft Excel.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Manage and report on availability of stock
- Allocate stock to stores as per agreed store grading
- Monitor weekly trading performance
- Carry out replenishment orders
- Evaluate the competition on a regular basis
- Prepare departments for sale or promotions
- Support Buyer at any key meetings
- Assist stores on any queries they may have relevant to your departments
- Identify current and future trading opportunities & advise accordingly
Requirements for this Assistant Buyer job:
- 1-2 years of Buying and/or Merchandising experience
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office in particular Excel)
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of retail & target customer
- Strong team work skills
Salary: €30k & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel website.