Assistant Merchandiser job, Cork
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an energetic Assistant Merchandiser to join the company’s fast paced head office. You will be responsible for managing the intake of all new stock into the business, managing stock movement within the business, the ordering and forecasting for your division, compiling business analysis and recommending actions to ensure achievement required margins and sales.
You will work hand-in -hand with the Buying team, planning the range and working towards commercial success!
This is a rare opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser looking for a new retail challenge in Cork.
*Please note that this is not a visual merchandising job and candidates must be highly numerical and analytical.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Merchandiser job in Cork:
- Management of stock placement to ensure stock is in the right place at the right time
- Managing intake for concessions and the wholesale side of the business
- Analysis of reports to identify opportunities and take appropriate action
- Production of ad hoc sales analysis to support business decision making
- Achievement of sales budgets and profit performance, recommend markdowns and analysing required results
Requirements for this Assistant Merchandiser job in Cork:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar merchandising position
- High level of Microsoft Excel required
- Previous experience of using Business Intelligence systems
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Strong analytical focus and meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised with robust planning ability who can work to tight deadlines and under time pressure.
- Develops creative solutions to problems and illustrates a creative approach to current ways of working
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team
- Good commercial awareness
Salary: €30-33k DOE & generous benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.