Assistant Store Manager, Sportswear, Dundrum, South Dublin
My client a well known Sports retailer are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager for their busy Flagship/Model store in South Dublin.
With plans for more store openings, there are great opportunities to progress in the future.
This is a model store with exceptional store standards and customer service.
The ideal candidate will hold an Assistant or Store Manager role in a busy fast paced and KPI driven retailer – preferably with a fashion or sports background but we welcome applications from grocery, electrical etc
The job responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed KPI targets as set out by Operations.
- Be involved in the recruitment process for the store and ensure candidates are developed to the required standard within a fast moving environment.
- People Management in line with company policies, ensuring fairness and consistency to all staff.
- Ensure all staff are provided with ongoing training in product knowledge, health & safety awareness, security awareness, etc. and have the ability to deliver excellence in customer service.
- Manage all cash, stock and financial administration
- Demonstrate and deliver excellent standards of customer service.
- Liaise with buyers and VM team to ensure that correct and optimum levels of stock are in-store & merchandised effectively.
- Effective management of wage costs and other store costs.
- From time to time you may be required to work in other stores, you will be expected to be available to do so as necessary.
- Deliver excellent store standards consistently in line with Operations audit requirements.
- Lead by example with regard to the stringent security requirements of Elverys. Be security conscious within the store and stock rooms – monitor potential shoplifters and follow security guidelines to deter pilferage and protect stock.
- Key holder and call out contact in the event of alarm activation
- Develop additional non direct business by keeping abreast of external environment factors.
- Any other activities as required in order to ensure the successful operation of the store
- 2/3 years retail management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills; particularly excel, word and email.
- Strong product knowledge and commitment to customer service with an ability to pass this onto others.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop people and get the most out of their abilities
- 3rd Level Business Qualification beneficial but not essential
- Salary €28-31k
- Bonus and Benefits
If you have the skills and experienced required for this job opportunity, please attach a CV below for the attention of Ambyr Medford, in complete confidentiality. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.