Branded Childrenswear Buyer job, Portlaoise
Our Irish retail client is seeking a Buyer who is passionate about product and retail. As the Childrenswear’s Buyer, you will be responsible for selecting and building balanced ranges that our client’s customers want. We are looking for a proactive individual who can effectively manage relationships with suppliers, stores and other stakeholders in the business.
The successful buying candidate, should have strong all-round business management capabilities, be comfortable with administration, and hold intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
The ideal buying candidate will come from a chiildrenswear branded buying or wholesale background.
Travel will be to UK and European trade fairs and regular store visit nationwide.
Responsibilities of this Branded Childrenswear Buyer job:
- Develop a strategy for your department that reflects our client’s brand.
- Select and build balanced ranges to meet customers’ expectations.
- Stock management.
- Analyse sales and take relevant action.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage effective promotional activity and seasonal events.
- Develop department merchandising policies and work with retail management to deliver these.
- Liaise with retail management on developing sales teams in-store.
- Some UK and European travel.
Requirements of this Retail kidswear buyer job:
- Previous and relevant buying/category management/wholesale experience (3+ years)
- Team player with ability to build successful working relationships.
- Commercial focus with ability to work on own initiative.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- High levels of organisation and multitasking skills.
Salary: €55-70k DOE & great benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website