Food Buyer job, Dublin City Centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a commercial and confident Food Buyer for our market leading food retailer. The successful Food buying candidate will be responsible for growing specific categories in the business, in order to deliver outstanding value and range for their customers, whilst delivering incremental profit for the business.
You will hold great communication skills, as you will be required to build strategic supplier partnerships, and have an eye for identifying new products and opportunities within the market.
Must have a passion for retail and a love of food, are self-motivated and results- focused. You have previous buying experience within retail
Responsibilities of this Food Buyer job include:
- Work with the Buying team to develop short and long-term plans for your buying categories
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for your buying categories
- Identify new market trends and implement actions to capitalise on those trends
- Manage the range assortment (branded & private label) to ensure the product offering is ahead of the market
- Manage and develop the private label offer at all levels to ensure the product offering is both unique and competitive at all times
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers & build categories
- Work with other business functions such as logistics, space planning and marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered to shelf
Requirements for this Food Buyer job:
- 3+ years Food Buying experience
- Excellent communication skills with commercial aptitude
- Proven track record of achieving required sales and margin
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
Salary: DOE & generous benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.