Excel Recruitment is seeking a Food & Beverage Buyer for a growing hospitality company. Our client has a wide portfolio of restaurants, and as the business is expanding at a rapid rate, they need a Buyer dedicated to manage all the food and beverage categories within the group.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Development Manager. the successful candidate will provide commercial support to the business through end to end management of the Buying process. You will need to deliver optimal value for the group by sourcing the right products at the best quality and price, at the right time. Must be analytical and commercially aware.
Responsibilities of this Food & Beverage Buyer job:
- Create, and be responsible for, the group strategic sourcing plan. This to include a review of the existing suppliers
- Manage supplier relationships including driving commercial reviews/negotiations to identify and deliver:
- Support accurate and timely reporting and planning, ensuring adherence to relevant group processes
- Provide management with commentary and analyse key financials and KPI’s
- To be responsible for any audits of suppliers required by stakeholders
- Work closely with internal colleagues to provide support in tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required
Requirements for this Food & Beverage Buyer job:
- Ideally a third level degree
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in Buying
- Strong negotiation, communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Be ambitious, motivated and capable of interacting with all levels of the business
- Have excellent analytical skills and have advanced Excel skills
- Good understanding of supply chain and business information management systems
- Have proven project management & prioritisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Food and Drink sector experience
Salary: DOE plus benefits.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.