Our client, a leading Irish brand, are seeking an experienced Buyer to lead, drive and grow a division within their extensive food range.
As Buyer, you will use your skills and knowledge of Irish retail and emerging food trends to drive sales, develop the category and engage with key stakeholders and customers. You will define the range, negotiate the terms and source new product keeping the wider brand position and strategic plan at the forefront of your decision-making. The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Food Buyer within retail or FMCG.
Our client are market leaders, renowned for their Food offering and are continuously remain on the cutting edge of food trends. They continue to grow and adapt, cultivating new product offering and constantly striving to offer their customers with a unique and diverse range.
What you will do
As Buyer you will-
- Deliver category sales, margin and profit within budget and above expectation
- Maximising margins and competitive positioning within the market
- Assessment of current pricing and margin performance of the category
- Work alongside suppliers to plan and forecast demand and negotiate cost
- Develop, review and analyse appropriate promotional strategies to drive sales and profitability
- Act as a point of contact for customers and deal with queries promptly and effectively
Who you will be
- You will be a Food Buyer with minimum 5 years’ experience, currently working within retail or FMCG
- A 3rd level degree is desirable but not essential
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this Food Buyer Job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment or call 01 8148747 in complete confidence. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.