Buyer – Hosiery job, Dublin city centre
Reporting to the Buying Controller you will be responsible for sourcing, developing and buying strategically for the department, delivering a balanced range that maximises sales and profit opportunities. It is essential you are a strong negotiator and have extensive retail buying experience within a fast-moving customer focused environment. The ideal applicant would have sound knowledge of trends and the market in general. Must have experience handling a large volume of SKU’s and line projections, on this key profit driving department for the business.
Responsibilities of this Retail Buyer job:
- Understanding trends and interpreting them where relevant
- Developing and sourcing the right product at the right time, to meet customer requirements
- Reviewing sales and react appropriately to maximise every opportunity
- To monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis
- To be responsible for the motivation and development of direct reports in your department
- Maximising current sourcing channels and identifying new sourcing opportunities.
Requirements of this Retail Buyer job:
- Significant experience in a fast-paced Buying role
- Passion for product
- Speed to market – reacting to new trends as quickly as possible
- Skilled negotiation techniques
- Ability to develop and build a comprehensive product range
- Developing and implementing departmental and Business strategy
- Experience of line management, motivating and developing a team
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with other stake holders
- Influencing skills
- Organisational skills
Salary: DOE plus generous benefits and assistance with relocation if required.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website