Buyer job, Kildare
Our established DIY and Hardware client is looking for a talented Buyer to manage a number of key categories in their business. You will be responsible for strategically sourcing and Category Buying whilst delivering a balanced range that maximises planned sales and profit.
It is essential that you are a strong negotiator and have extensive Buying experience, ideally with a background in DIY and Hardware. The desired candidate holds strong knowledge of trends and the market in general, is a self-assured communicator, and thrives within a fast-paced and reactive environment.
Responsibilities of this Buyer job include:
- Sourcing and delivering the right products at the right time to meet customer requirements
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Managing existing supply base and introducing new suppliers when needed to ensure a measured range and timely deliveries
- Reviewing competitor offers and the overall market
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
Requirements for this Buyer job include:
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a similar Buying position
- Proven track record in achieving required sales and margins
- Domestic and overseas product sourcing
- Knowledge of trends
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
*Generous package on offer for the successful candidate
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.