Buyer job Cork
Excel Recruitment is seeking a Buyer for the Munster region. Our client is a successful Irish Non-Food, Non-Fashion retail brand. The ideal Buying candidate will have 3-5+ years’ experience as a Buyer for a successful retailer. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, results driven and commercial with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Managing specific categories for the business, the successful buying candidate will manage the strategic planning, negotiation and implementation of the purchasing plan for a developing range of products.
The Responsibilities of this Retail Buyer job include:
- Liaising with Finance, Marketing sections as well as the Supplier Base about LTA’s, marketing promotional support with the aim of improving margins
- Managing plans and budgets for stock levels whilst reacting to changes in market demands
- Developing and implementing the strategy for the assigned product portfolios to deliver increased sales and profit
- Development of a Joint Business Plan (JBP) with suppliers where appropriate
- Effective negotiation with the aim of achieving real competitiveness and value for money for the customer
- Managing the product range, pricing and setting up of all product attributes
- Benchmarking – Price comparison, competitor tracking a market trend analysis Initiate and coordination of all promotions
- Liaising with suppliers, both new and existing about all promotional activity
The Requirements for the Retail Buyer are-
- 3-5+ years Buying experience
- A proven track record of successfully driving the business forward
- Experience in range and option planning
- Knowledge of the product range in respective categories and understanding of the current market
- Experience in delivering range presentations incorporating a financial and strategic data
- Ability to work to stock budgets and delivering required sales and margin
- Highly numerical with proficient IT literacy
Salary: Up to €65k DOE plus generous benefits.
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.