Buying Manager, Cork city
Reporting directly to the CEO, we are looking for a Buying Manager to bring their skills and experience to this unique job. This incredibly exciting and successful business, who are consistently developing and marketing new technology, require a Buying or Purchasing professional who will be responsible for negotiating and securing the ingredients, goods not for resale and services within this growing company. Using your commercial abilities as Buying Manager, you will source the best deals across their diverse business, which include retail and food services, and also look at ways to save costs.
Applicants must have at least 3+ years relevant Buying or Purchasing experience in order to be considered for the job.
Responsibilities of this Buying Manager job include:
- Sourcing and delivering the right products at the right time
- Analysing performance and review regularly, taking action where appropriate
- Managing existing supply base and introducing new suppliers when needed to ensure a measured range and timely deliveries
- Reviewing competition and the overall market
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
Requirements for this Buying Manager job include:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar Buying or Purchasing position
- Proven track record in achieving required sales and margins
- Evidence of cost savings
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
Salary: €45-60k DOE
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.