Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer job, Dublin city centre
A wonderful and rare opportunity for a Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer has arisen with our prestigious multi-site fashion retailer. Our client, one of the leading names in Irish retail, is currently seeking a Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer to oversee and grow one of their key departments. Candidates must be currently Buyers coming from a similar background, with a passion for food, and be innovative and skilled at sourcing and negotiations.
Our client’s strategy is to offer new, exclusive and unique products to their customers, which will put them at the forefront of luxury confectionary and gifts. To ensure their continued innovation and commercial growth, our client requires a positive, passionate and experienced Buyer.
What you’ll do
As Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing new brands and products and negotiate the best terms for our client. You will maintain and nurture relationships with existing brands and suppliers, while seeking and developing new innovative products.
- Cultivate, develop and implement the creative strategy for the Branded Food division
- Source new brands and product lines within this strategy using your up-to date knowledge of the market and emerging trends.
- Negotiate the best possible terms for the brand with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdowns and concessions.
- Plan and react to seasonal trends and customer demands
Who you’ll be
- An established Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer with significant experience and commercial success.
- Third level degree desirable
- Strong commercial acumen with stellar numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
Salary: €60-70k DOE + generous benefits
If you have the necessary experience and attributes for this Confectionery Food and Gift Buyer, please attach a CV below for the attention of Sarah Hurley. Alternatively, call 018148747 in complete confidence. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.