Financial Controller Job Dublin City
A financial controller job is available in Dublin city. You must have previous experience in the hospitality sector and strong financial reporting skills. The financial controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, implementation and maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with accepted accounting principles.
Duties of this financial controller job Dublin City
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department to ensure the finance departments goals and objectives are achieved.
- Take ownership for all aspects of the financial reporting, financial control, working capital management, budgeting and forecasting functions.
- Design, implement and manage a treasury function within the Accounting Department fit for purpose for currently 5 separate accounts with more to come.
- Create and implement a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Currently a lot of information is processed manually. The successful candidate would be required to oversee the implementation of an automated back of office system.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute finance decisions.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed and debt payments are made
- Issue timely, accurate and complete financial reports; to include monthly P&L’s and quarterly management accounts internally and as required externally. Each internal financial report is to be provided with a detailed analysis of such report, and any recommendations for the following month/quarter.
- Implement and manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and perform financial modelling.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Attending, and participating at Board meetings.
- This role involves working closely with the Company Directors & Stakeholders.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes and recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
Requirements for this financial controller job Dublin City
- The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience managing an accountancy or finance function.
- The successful candidate will lead this department providing transparency to the Company Directors and Head of HR and demonstrating accountability for the finance function.
- Must hold one of the following qualifications ACA, ACCA, QFA, CFS or CIMA.
- Successful candidates will also need to demonstrate proven research and analytical skills and must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality industry is an advantage.
- This role is based in Dublin city centre.