General Manager – Builders Providers
Our Client, a well know Builders Provider and Homeware DIY Retailer in Donegal is seeking to recruit a General Manager to join their Business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Retailer with strong knowledge and experience of the Construction and Trade industry.
Affiliated with a well-known progressive Buying Group plus their excellent knowledge of Trade, Home and Building, this is a very successful business to join and be an integral part of a successful team
Responsibilities for the job
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 20+ employees
- Support and Inspire your Trade, Transport and Retail managers in achieving their set and agreed goals
- Driving the Sales Team to deliver a friendly, open and enthusiastic service to all customers
- Analyse department participation and make corrective action where required
- To ensure excellent Retail Standards are delivered at all times
- Manage the P&L and all margin, pricing and profit
- Competent in identifying , analysing and interpreting operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability
- Liaise with Buying Group in Product sales, promotions, campaigns and margin ensuring excellent value
- Identify business opportunities through your sales reps, your relationships with Developers and Architects and Trade customers
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement across the business.
Experience for the job of General Manager – Builders Providers
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- knowledge of the construction industry and construction related products essential.
- Good working knowledge and ability in Microsoft Office and computer skills essential.
- Fluent English speaker, Irish language an advantage.
- Full P&L accountability experience
- Experience in setting, managing and communicating financial reports
- A knowledge of the construction industry and construction related products essential
- Salary depending on experience
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please upload your current c.v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application.