Head of Buying & Category Management
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Head of Buying and Category Management for an emerging retail brand.
As Head of Buying & Category Management, you will lead, motivate and manage a talented and growing buying team. You, alongside your team, will have responsibility for planning and executing growth strategies, strategic range planning and management and buying and sourcing product. You will work closely with the head of marketing, agreeing and implementing marketing plans. Through your team, you will drive innovative category development plans.
You will have extensive knowledge and remain constantly up-to-date with the latest trends in the market and competitor activity. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of an effective business strategy.
The successful applicant will be a Senior Buyer/Category manager or Head of Buying within the retail or FMCG sector. You will have extensive experience managing and motivating teams. Salary is €90-100k DOE with a fantastic package available for the right applicant.
As Head of Buying & category management you will-
- Devise and implement an appropriate trading strategy
- Be responsible for product range management and development; procurement pricing and terms, retail pricing, margins and category management.
- Managing and developing the supply chain for product
- Managing and developing a team
The successful Head of Buying & Category Management will have-
- Substantial trading & buying experience, at a senior level, within a wholesale or retail environment in FMCG food or non-food.
- Good marketing and brand development experience
- Strong relationship building, negotiating and operational skills within a customer orientated culture
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing large complex teams
- Significant experience of change management and leading business improvement initiatives
- A 3rd level education is desirable
If you have the skills and experience for this Head of Buying & Category Management job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call 01-8148747 to discuss the role in complete confidence.