Head of Department- Food Buying
Our client, a large supermarket retailer, are currently seeking a well-rounded and experienced Head of Buying Department- Food to join their business and grow their food buying function.
As the Head of the Food Buying Department you will lead, drive and develop business through excellent buying, an innovative and forward thinking approach to product offering and the development and execution of promotions in close collaboration with the marketing team.
You will take responsibility for the strategic development of the buying department and provide insightful leadership in the development and the implementation of best practise processes and procedures. You will lead the category management team to meet and exceed growth in-line with agreed budgets and margins and overall commercial context. At all times, your primary goal will be providing a greater customer experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Ireland’s leading supermarkets and lead and grow the Food Buying Department with an exceptional salary and package DOE.
The Day to Day
The primary responsibilities of the Head of Food Buying Department are-
· Develop category plans and product offering in line with agreed margins and targets
· Strive to constantly innovate in terms of product offering & range diversity with customer satisfaction the first priority
· Foster strong working relationships with relevant suppliers in order to ensure delivery of agreed business plans
· Develop stores in line with group targets and
· Develop, manage and motivate team to achieve targets and ensuring they have the skillset, resources and support to do so
Who you will be
The successful candidate for this Head of Department- Food Buying Job will have-
· 7+ years in a Senior retail Category Management/ Buying Position
· 3rd level education is desirable but not essential
· A proven track record of driving sale and achieving targets
· Results orientated, strategically minded and commercially focused
If you have the relevant experience and attributes for this Head of Food Buying department, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call (01) 8148747 in complete confidence.