Head of Fashion Buying job
This Irish multi-site retailer is seeking a Head of Fashion Buying, who will lead a team of Buyers and continually look at ways to drive sales, profit, and improve standards. The successful Head of Buying will be overseeing womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, cosmetics, lingerie, footwear, and homewares.
We are looking for a proactive individual who can effectively manage relationships with suppliers, colleagues, stores and other stakeholders, with the sole purpose of driving the business forward. You will be managing a large team of experienced fashion buyers and people management experience is a large requirement of the role
The successful Head of Fashion Buying candidate, should have strong all-round business management capabilities, be well-organised and comfortable using reporting systems and Microsoft Excel.
Travel will be to the UK and European trade fairs and regular store visit nationwide.
Responsibilities of this Head of Buying job:
- Develop a buying strategy in line with current trends, which reflects the
- company’s brand values and targeting our consumer base whilst attracting new customers.
- Monitor market and consumer trends in order to identify new product opportunities.
- Deliver sales, profit and margin targets for each category.
- Investigate competition, including visiting competitor’s stores
- Identify new brands and suppliers and present business case to Senior team.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers in terms of price, quality and timeliness of supply.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key suppliers.
- Responsible for leading and motivating the buying team consisting of buyers and buying administrators in order to deliver desired commercial results.
- Support development through coaching, on-the-job training and conducting annual performance appraisals.
- Identify under performance and develop action plans in conjunction with HR to develop the team or actively performance manage.
- Build strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers and senior management.
- Develop visual merchandising policies and work with buying team and store management to deliver these.
- Regular store visits and active communication with the stores.
Requirements of this Head of Buying job:
- A minimum of 8 years buying experience in fashion categories
- A minimum of 3 years people management experience with a proven record in developing and performance managing a buying team.
- Experience delivering range presentations, incorporating a financial and strategic perspective, to senior teams.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the overall business and the commercial issues facing it and capable of using this knowledge to improve results.
- Able to lead and motivate people resulting in a high-performance team.
- Confident and possesses strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organised and able to plan, analyse data, solve problems and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy.
Salary: DOE & great benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website