Our client is a leading retail group working in the FMCG space, currently seeking a dynamic Head of Food Buying to lead their buying team.
The successful head of Food Buying will be responsible for the Trading, Category Management and Supply Chain functions of the business. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of an effective business strategy. You will be responsible for a team of 6.
Responsibilities of the Head of Food Buying will include but are not limited to –
- Devising and implementing an appropriate trading strategy
- Responsibility for product range management and development; procurement pricing and terms, Retail pricing, margins and category management.
- Managing and developing the supply chain for product
- Managing a team of talented Buyers
Successful applicants for this Head of Food Buying will have-
- Substantial trading & buying experience, at a senior level, within a wholesale or retail environment in FMCG food or non-food.
- Good marketing and brand development experience
- Strong relationship building, negotiating and operational skills within a customer orientated culture
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing large complex teams
- Significant experience of change management and leading business improvement initiatives
- A 3rd level education is desirable
Salary and benefits reflect the seniority of this Head of Buying position. For more information please contact Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment, on 01 8148747 or apply below.