Head of Training- Large Retail Chain
Excel Recruitment are currently recruiting a Head of Training for our client, a large and successful retail chain.
Our client are leaders in their field and currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and expansion. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become an integral part of a successful brand and be a driving force for growth and development within the business.
As Head of Training, you will be responsible for identifying, reviewing and addressing the training needs and product knowledge gaps within a large branch network and hundreds of staff. You will work closely with key suppliers, stakeholders and management to plan, develop and implement the delivery of both first class training programs and knowledge distribution. You will do so with customer satisfaction and retention as the key goal at all times. You will undertake substantial projects and oversee each stage such as developing and implementing a management development course to impart knowledge and instil best practice.
The successful candidate will be a natural leader, a person capable of defining a clear objective and action plan for staff training and instil enthusiasm amongst staff for new developments and training programs.
Key Responsibilities of this Head of Training-
- Design, develop and implement a strategic training program to address the needs of individual stores and the entire group
- Develop and implement a best practice management development course
- Identify and review training needs and product knowledge gaps and coordinating training on product knowledge whilst developing a management
- Conduct regular reviews of training standards and measure how the entire group embraces it and the results through mystery shop.
- Cultivate a support network within the business committed to developing individual talents and development
Key Requirements of this Head of Training-
- 6+ years within Retail training with responsibility for staff training
- Stellar interpersonal skills with a proven ability to make connections and influence
- Tangible successful track record of improving staff standards and the customer service experience
- The desire and ability to lead and motivate large numbers of people
If you have the experience, knowledge and personality for this Head of Training job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call 018148747 to discuss the role in complete confidence.