Excel Recruitment are currently seeking a Homeware Buyer to join Ireland’s most exciting retailer.
Our client is one of the most successful names on the high street thanks to their focus on customer driven, trend- led and innovative product ranges that their customers love. They are seeking an experienced, creative and commercially driven Homeware Buyer to join their fantastic team.
As a part of the Homeware Buying team, you will define the range, negotiate the terms and source new product while all the while looking at the big picture in terms of your brand position and strategic plan. You will proactively work to be the first to identify emerging trends and translate these into a product offering your customers will love. You will work alongside the Design and Merchandising teams along with suppliers to ensure a fashion-forward and ‘must have’ range each season.
The Day to Day
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications.
- Constantly review competitor offer and the market in general.
- Prepare for & present regular range reviews and presentations.
- Review existing supplier base and identify new sources and manage relationships effectively.
- Control negotiations to ensure best price and margin and evaluate supply base performance based on price, quality and delivery.
- Ensure prompt delivery of merchandise and correct phasing of intake to meet sales.
- 2 + years as a Buyer within a leading high street retailer
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Outstanding commercial awareness with a keen eye for trends
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Along with exceptional remuneration, our client offers the opportunity to join one of the hottest brands in Ireland. You will work with talent in a highly resourced and progressive buying and merchandising office. Candidates relocating from the UK will be offered an excellent relocation package.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this Homeware Buyer job, please attach a CV below. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.