Fashion Buyer – Menswear job Dublin
Our client is looking to recruit a Fashion Buyer for their Menswear team in their head office based in Dublin city. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly commercial buying office for one of the most successful fashion retailers in the market.
Reporting into the Buying Controller, you will develop and source commercial and on-trend ranges in order to drive sales and improve profitability. You will innately know what customers want and be able to interpret trends and past sales performance into commercial products.
As a forward-thinking Buyer, you should have both a commercial and innovative approach to buying. Far East buying is essential as is experience of managing a team along with strong negotiation skills and an eye for product.
Responsibilities of this Menswear Fashion Buyer job:
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications.
- Constantly review competitor offer and the market in general.
- Review existing supplier base and identify new sources and manage relationships effectively.
- Control negotiations to ensure best price and margin and evaluate supply base performance based on price, quality and delivery.
- Take responsibility for own development as well as manage the training of junior team members.
Requirements of this Menswear Fashion Buyer job:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position essential
- Domestic and overseas product sourcing and development
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record in achieving and surpassing targets
Salary: €60-80k & excellent benefits (help with relocation will also be provided)
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.