One of Ireland’s leading high-street retailers is seeking a Merchandise Planner to join their fantastic fashion business.
Our client is a leading high-street retailer known for being a customer favourite, thanks to the fashion-forward, trend-led and commercially driven product ranges they deliver season after season. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Merchandise planner seeking a new challenge to join a thriving, innovative retailer and a talented, energetic team.
As Merchandise Planner, you will be responsible for stock, forecasting and pricing. You will be confident making critical business decisions with both the customer and profitability at the centre of your thought process. You will manage the department’s profit performance through limiting risk, potentializing profit and managing sales performance. Using your exceptional numerical and analytical abilities along with a commercial outlook, you will plan a vast array of product to ensure perfect availability.
Our client is going through significant growth. This is an opportunity to be a part of this growth including influencing new system introduction.
The Day to Day
- Provide the Buying teams with support and direction on strategic, commercial and analytic decision making.
- Responsible for the delivery of the sales, stock turn and contribution budgets.
- Support negotiations and work with the Buying team to ensure that best business results and margins are achieved.
- Identifying trading opportunities, priorities, and challenges.
- Stock analysis and replenishment.
- Manage range content.
- Forecast demand including peak times.
- Reviewing pricing.
- Engaging with the manufacturers internationally.
- 2 + years exp. as a Merchandise planner within a fast-fashion, high-street retailer
- Outstanding commercial awareness and business acumen
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to process and use large volumes of data
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present large volumes of data in an accessible manner.
Competitive salary DOE
Assistance with relocation if required
If you have the skills and experience and are interested in this Merchandise Planner job, please attach an up to date CV below. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.