Product Technologist, Menswear and Womenswear job, Berkshire
Our leading international fashion client is looking for a capable Product Technologist who can work within a fast-paced environment and who possesses excellent organisational and communication skills.
Due to our clients continued growth, opportunities are available on both their Menswear and Womenswear teams.
Liaising closely with the buying team, suppliers and key stakeholders, the successful Product Technologist will establish and maintain best practise and strive to meet our customer’s expectations. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will manage and develop this multi-product department’s supply base, with a view to maintaining customer satisfaction, assuring quality and minimising returns.
Responsibilities for this Product Technologist job include:
- Driving the delivery of the departmental and quality strategy in line with customer’s expectations
- Applying quality standards and commercially evaluating product testing
- Monitoring returns reports
- Undertaking benchmarking exercises with competitors
- Adhering to and ensuring Best Practise is followed for sampling
- Liaise with retail teams to understand and interpret customer feedback on quality issues
- In partnership with the buying teams, participate in supplier meetings to drive the quality agenda
- Engaging with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
- Identifying opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
- Through training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the sampling hit rate
- Providing coaching and up-skilling to the Buying teams as required
Requirements of this Product Technologist job include:
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position
- Proactive problem solver and commercially minded
- Experience of fitting across multiple products
- Full understanding of grading
- Full understanding of mass production
- Experience of travel to varied supplier base – FE, Europe and Africa
- High levels of communication and organisation
- Experience of implementing process and following through to review
- Experience of managing and delivering on projects
- Worked in both branded and retail environment – would be ideal
- Good IT skills
- Competency at understanding test reports
Permanent job salary: DOE & Excellent benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.