A large Retail organisation operating in the DIY and Builders provider’s space is seeking to recruit a Retail Regional Manager to support and advise a large chain of independent retail stores. We are looking for an experienced Multi-Site Store Manager or a Senior Store Manager from a large DIY Group with Project Management experience or Grocery Area Management experience.
Due to their success and their future strategy, we are seeking the job of Regional Manager to be instrumental in developing their categories, supporting refits and branding and advising on product placement, space, standards and merchandising and working closely on product participation and margin
This job is suited to a passionate Retailer with very strong communication, relationship building and Business skills.
Flexibility to travel is essential, your region will depend on your location.
Role description for Regional Manager
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting, advising and developing a territory of Retail DIY/ trade stores across the country
- You will support Store Owners, Management on all aspects of driving best practice
- Monitor competitor activity, both direct and indirect and present findings
- Improve profitability through sales, department and margin analysis throughout all stores
- Develop strong commercial relationships through effective communication and influencing skills
- Influence, guide and inspire your people to achieve the highest of operational standards
- Support Retail Management on People Management, Performance Management and Customer Engagement
- Communicate product insights, participation and suggest corrective actions
- Work closely with the Buying and marketing team
Key Requirements for the job of Regional Manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior retail management experience
- Grocery Area Manager or DIY Multi-site Management
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- Experienced in setting, managing and communicating financial reports
- Able to identify, analyse and interpret operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability.
- Experience in working within an independent retail space advantageous
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills essential
- Bonus 10%
- Company Car
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please upload your updated c.v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.