Retail Regional Manager
A Leading Multisite Retail organisation operating in the DIY Non-food Space is currently looking to recruit a Retail Regional Manager. We are looking for an experienced Retail Regional Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly competitive retail environment for one of the best companies in the market. For more information on this role please contact Barry in Excel on 003531 8148747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job spec and company details. Your application will be treated in confidence.
This position offers a strong package along with excellent quality of life with hours of work Monday to Friday
The role of the Retail Regional Manager:
As a Retail Regional Manager you will be responsible for overseeing, controlling and monitoring the smooth running of your allocated stores. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the stores in your region. Driving and increasing sales and margin through the stores in your region will be your key objective. You will set and maintain store operational standards, manage store budgets and promote and instil a customer-focused culture at the forefront in your stores. As a member of the Head Office team, you will be required to attend operations, buying and HR and training meetings as necessary. Creating and maintaining good working relationships with internal stakeholders is an important competency of a Retail Regional Manager.
Job Summary and Areas of Responsibility for the Retail Regional Manager:
- Monitor store performance through the many KPI reports at your disposal
- Propose recommendations for new measures to monitor store performance
- Create initiatives to maximise profitability within stores
- Manage and monitor store man hour budgets taking all external and internal forces into consideration in line with trading conditions
- Set and communicate realistic store sales targets and ensure they are achieved through individual employee targets
- Control and monitor stock loss in stores and liaise with the Security department to implement measures to reduce stock loss in stores
- Participate in regular store visits, completing store audits and activate the information collected in the form of an action plan
- Ensure general housekeeping and company merchandising standards are maintained
- Promote and ensure stores are delivering superior Customer Service
- Using mystery shopping tool or other measures analyse customer satisfaction/engagement and diagnose areas of improvement and trend analysis. Proactively determine solutions to the issues that arise and are uncovered
- Monitor competitor activity, both direct and indirect and present findings
- Deliver effective succession plans through the store management teams in order to deliver both planned progression and manage vacancies
- In conjunction with the HR department ensure stores are equipped with a full and correct management team and relevant store staffing structure
- Set challenging but realistic targets to drive store teams to achieve goals
- Ensure store management team are compliant with all aspects of the company’s internal policies and procedures
- Liaise with the HR team for necessary disciplinary measures due to non-compliance on the above
- Ensure clear goals, objectives and performance standards are established and communicated to your store team
- Develop the store management team trough proactive personal development plans which are formally reviewed annually and informally on an ongoing basis as and when required and ensure management complete regular reviews with sales team members
- Develop and execute clear action plans for the store management team and ensure Store Managers complete with their team on same
- Provide leadership and guidance through coaching, mentoring and on the job development of the team
- Drive, promote and support participation in internal training and development in conjunction with the HR / Training department
Essential Skills and Experience of the Retail Regional Manager:
- A minimum of 3 years Regional Management or General Management experience with progressive retailer
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to work as a team player and build relationships with key industry players
- Keen analytical and listening skills
- The ability to motivate and encourage colleagues in a fast changing environment
- Planning, preparation and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, work well individually and as part of a team
- Proven track record in retail development, highly numerate with extensive business modelling experience
Salary – €65,000 – €70,000 DOE + Car + Bonus.
Excel Recruitment is Ireland’s leading retail recruitment company. The company is recognised as the experts in the recruitment of management into food, non-food and fashion. For information concerning a broad range of opportunities contact Barry Whelan in Excel
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.