Retail Area Manager Midlands
Excel recruitment are looking to recruit an Area Manager for a large group of grocery sites in the Midlands area. This is an exciting job for a Retail Manager with a proven track record in achieving results.
This job is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Store Manager to move up into an Area Manager job.
- Based in midlands this job involves developing and driving store sales through using your grocery management expertise. Candidates for this role must have significant retail management experience gained in a progressive Supermarket or Convenience store format and ideally multi – site experience.
- The area manager manages the business, and customer relationships, within a defined region or customer base.
- He / She is required to maximize the business potential of the area, and to contribute to overall corporate objectives.
The Responsibilities of this Area Manager job include:
- Expanding the range of Product in Store though Category management principles
- Develop relationship with each store to increase sales
- Maintain costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resources management, and the most effective call pattern for each store
- Ensure excellent customer service through friendly, accurate field communication and good administration practices
- Provide accurate and relevant information on competitor activity and other trade field information to the line Manager
- Ensure the correct product mix in each store thus ensuring maximum profitability
- Ensure the profitability of stores by providing retailers with advice on all aspects of store management
- Ensure our stores comply with all legislation by providing training and ‘best practice’ advice
- Sales and profit targets against budget and agreed monthly targets
- Accurate and complete administration
Key Skills/Experience required for this Area Manager job include:
The personnel specification for such an individual will include:
- Significant Fresh food management experience, preferably both multiple and symbol.
- Will have acquired considerable knowledge of all supermarket operations.
- Will have been responsible for, and delivered, store profitability.
- Will be numerate.
- Will have experience of setting and achieving budgetary targets
- Will have significant experience of managing people, preferably at a middle management level.
- Will probably stand out in a crowd, and have achieved significant goals in a personal or work environment.
- Will demonstrate the ability to think strategically, as well as operationally.
- Planning and Organization
- Prioritizing stock management
- Experience a highly customer-focused environment
- First class communication skills
- People management
- Minimum of 3-4 years Management experience in Convenience/Supermarket environment
To apply please submit your CV to Nikki Murran via the link below or email it to Nikki@excelrecritment.com