Excel Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Retail or FMCG Buyer to join our client’s fantastic retail buying team.
The ideal candidate will be a customer focused, a commercially driven retail buyer with the skills and experience to grow sales, exceed targets and cement our client’s reputation as a customer favourite.
You will have and a keen instinct for emerging trends and customer habits. You will use these skills to strategically source and plan the range, with the aim of maximising planned sales and profit, achieving margins and build brand loyalty.
You will be a dynamic and self-assured communicator with the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Successful applicants must have 3+ years’ experience as a Buyer within the Retail/ or FMCG sectors. Generous between €60-75k DOE with a generous package on offer for the right candidate.
Responsibilities of this Buyer job include:
- Sourcing and delivering the right products at the right time to meet customer requirements
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Managing existing supply base and introducing new suppliers when needed to ensure a measured range and timely deliveries
- Effectively plan and manage promotional activity
- Analyse and manage stock levels
- Reviewing competitor offers and the overall market
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
Requirements for this Buyer job include:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ FMCG/Retail Buying experience
- Proven track record of achieving required sales and margins
- Thorough knowledge of the market and relevant trends
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
If you have the skills and experience for this FMCG/ Retail Buyer job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment. Alternatively, please call 01-8148747 to discuss the role in complete confidence.