Retail Operations Manager
Our client a large Retail DIY / Building Merchants buying group is seeking to recruit an experienced Retail Operations Manager to join the group.
The group, with over 100 Retail Stores is going through an exciting phase of expansion and therefore looking for an experienced DIY Retail with Multisite experience
The successful candidate will take responsibility and ownership of designated territories to actively drive and implement the Group’s business plan and forward strategy
Role description for the of Area Operations Support Manager
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting, advising and developing a territory of Retail DIY/ Building merchant stores across the country
- Act as the primary customer intermediary between the Group and its members
- Improve profitability and standards throughout all stores
- Influence, guide and inspire your people to achieve the highest of operational standards
- Contribute, advise and support your territory at all times ensuring commercial results
- Analyse trading reports, categories, margin and sales
- Develop strong commercial relationships through effective communication and influencing skills
- Support Retail Members on People Management, performance management and training
Key Requirements for the job of Area Operations Support Manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant senior retail management experience, including 3 years + in a senior operational role with a strong track record of achievement.
- DIY/ Building Merchants Retail Management experience essential
- Strong understanding of category, pricing and margin management essential
- Experienced in setting and managing budgets.
- Able to identify, analyse and interpret operational reports and create commercially-focused action plans to improve profitability.
- Has successfully led or participated in large operational change initiatives.
- Experienced in developing strong commercial relationships through effective communication and influencing skills.
- Experienced in HR and Training, including a clear understanding of performance management tools and techniques
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity and have the experience required please upload your c,v to the link provided and Aislinn will look after your application.