Senior Merchandise Planner- Dublin
Our client a leading fashion retailer is looking to recruit a Senior Merchandise Planner for their head office based in Dublin. Our client sees this as an integral function of its buying and finance teams and is investing significantly in building up this function within their organization
The successful candidate will manage a large team of merchandise planners to maximize sales and profit whilst maintaining optimum stock levels for all products within the company, whilst aligned closely with Buying Teams, in order to achieve agreed KPI’s.
- To build, develop motivate and lead your department team
- To maintain the Merchandise Planning process
- Maximize sales and profitability whilst maintaining optimum stock levels to achieve agreed KPI’s.
- Participate in the planning/budgeting and forecast cycle.
- Ensure thorough pre-season planning of the buy, OTB, intake management, sales, markdowns, buying margin and stocks.
- Implement terminal stock and exit plans to manage out old season/terminal stock and maintain transitionally & introduce new season stock into Stores
- Help plan space utilization together with the Buying and Retail Operations teams
- Develop and work to a seasonal business calendar as part of one Company business calendar
- Build your merchandise planning team, lead and inspire them to deliver rigorous, standardized analysis and best in class merchandise planning.
- Manage in-season performance; the measurement of actual performance against plan, forecasts and LY.
- Ensure planned or tactical in-season promotional activity is profitable.
- Manage replenishment
- Determine supplier, brand and hierarchy level performance to enable the buyers to select and maintain profitable products.
- Build reporting on supplier delivery and compliance.
- Using historical data and working with the buying teams ensure that the correct width and depth of range is being bought to deliver planned sales and profit targets.
- Ensure that your team is instrumental in maintaining the accuracy of product data to ensure accurate reporting.
- Close liaison with Supply Chain, suppliers, Retail Operations, Marketing and Finance.
Candidate Requirements for Senior Merchandise Planner
For this senior role, we require an experienced merchandiser with a thorough understanding of merchandise planning.
A team builder, able to lead and inspire a team working in an environment unfamiliar with the discipline
An individual with the strength of character and analysis skills to ensure that recommended actions are seen through to completion of the Buying and Merchandise Planning Teams.
We require previous experience in a multiple retail buying office environments working as a Senior Merchandise planner in Fashion
On offer are a significant 6 figure salary and full relocation assistance.
For more information on this role please contact Barry in Excel on 01 8148747 or email for a full job spec and company information. Your application will be treated with confidence. Please note- this is not a VM role or FMCG Merchandisers role