Space Planner Job, north west Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will be responsible for optimising the space and consumer offer in each trading area, across all types of stores in the business. You will be required to allocate the correct space and range for each store group in order to drive sales. Working closely with the Buying team, you will, highlight and recommend particular products at strategic locations. You must have experience in creating accurate planograms in line with historical sales.
As Space Planner for this FMCG retail business, you will need to be analytical and commercial, adept at working in a fast-paced environment and with an ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Responsibilities of this Space Planner job will include:
- Responsible for the interpretation of space performance and making recommendations to the Buying team to optimise range and space performance
- Responsible for the achieving the optimum standards of presentation and space optimisation achieved in in each planogram
- Responsible for ensuring the buying team is fully conversant with the space performance goals and fully engaged in the deployment of space data to drive the business
- Creating planograms to the agreed company VM standards and processes
- Visits stores and competitors to identify space management / store layout / product and range issues / opportunities and communicating / action these as appropriate
- Visits new stores to ensure the latest issues/opportunities are identified and actioned
Requirements for this Space Planner job will include:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of range and category management
- In depth knowledge of micro space planning, range planning, retail equipment, consumer shopping habits and Visual merchandising imperatives.
- A comprehensive understanding of buying, range planning and management process
- Experience of space management systems e.g. SPACEMAN, JDA etc
- Experience of Space Planning role in a retail head office
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proficient IT skills and knowledge of Spaceman, JDA software etc.
- Excellent communication skills
Salary: Up to €35k DOE & benefits
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.