Store Manager – Builders Providers / Retail
A Store Manager job opportunity has become available in the Carlow / Kildare region
Our client a well-known DIY and Builders Provider Retailer is looking to recruit a Store Manager to join their successful business. This is a 25,000 sq ft Flag store with a team of over 30 employees.
We are seeking a confident, analytical and commercial Retail Store Manager with an entrepreneurial flare who thrives in a hands-on environment.
5+ years store management experience in DIY and Hardware experience is essential coupled with experience in purchasing, working with Suppliers, product margin and driving store commerciality
Responsibilities of Retail Store Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day commercial and operational Management for the store
- To effectively manage the team performance and development through regular training
- To carry out all day to day and seasonal purchasing decisions
- To plan and manage department participation, analysing sales, profit and margin
- To manage and ensure productivity across the Yard, Deliveries, Trucks
- To achieve stock control targets in line with company guidelines to prevent financial loss.
- Analyse Floor trading reports, implementing commercial plan of action where required
- To lead and develop the team within the store to deliver store objectives and sales targets
- Ensure all team members are trained in customer service and product knowledge
- KPI driven and manage the P&L accounts including margin
- Liaise with head office, central warehousing and suppliers with regards to stock holding and product performance
- Manage and achieve set and agreed margin
- Work closely with Trade customers whilst maintaining a strong retail presence
Requirements of a Retail Store Manager job:
- Minimum of 5 years + high volume Store management experience in DIY, Hardware Management experience in achieving high turnovers
- Builders providers, Trade Management experience essential
- Purchasing / Buying experience for your store essential
- Responsible for managing teams of 30+
- Experience in managing the P&L
- Experience in controlling costs, ordering stock and Margin essential
- Coach and develop staff working in a team environment essential
- Excellent Bonus
Aislinn Lea is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.