Store Manager – Galway
A well-known a Retail Voluntary Organisation is currently seeking a Store Manager to run their busy Galway Retail Store.
This job is suitable for a people-orientated manager with experience in Retailing/ Hospitality/or a business where people management and cost control is essential.
Due to the nature of the business model, the ideal candidate will have an interest in charitable organisations, have empathy for the cause and a strong people management skill set.
You will be hands on and standards driven with a natural customer approach.
Key Responsibilities of the Retail Managers job include:
- Manage, train and work closely with an overall team of 20+
- Ensure excellent store standards are delivered
- Ensure good quality products both in fashion and non-food is on sale and well merchandised
- Develop a “sales through service” culture with the specific aims of retaining existing customers, attracting new customers
- Work closely with the Charity’s committee and Head Office team on store operations, business profitability and opportunities
- Create and sustain an environment in which all staff and volunteers are motivated and are given suitable work to ensure that their individual motivations and abilities are being recognised and met.
- Aim to achieve set and agreed KPI’s
Requirements of the Retail Store Manager Job include:
- 2-3 years Store Management experience in Fashion, Non Food or Grocery retailing
- Confident and motivated with an interest in Charities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of empathy
- Strong Business Management experience
- Experience in managing a large team (Volunteers experience advantageous)
- Strong organisational skills
- At least 3-5 years’ experience at a management level managing a busy retail store
- Salary €35,000
- Pension scheme
- 37.5 hour working week
- Great working hours
- opening hours Monday to Saturday
Aislinn Lea is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.