Trainee Store Manager, Dublin City Centre
Our client, a fast paced, high volume clothing, gift, jewellery and souvenir retailer, with multiple stores in Dublin are looking to recruit a Trainee Manager for one of their 12 Dublin City stores.The candidate must be energetic, driven, self motivated and not afraid of hard work during busy times.
This is a minimum 36 hour contract but you will be required to work up to 45 hours during peak trade. Stores open late so some late shifts will apply and weekend work. As this is an hourly rate you will be paid for these extra hours.
This is a great opportunity for perhaps a supervisor,department manager, floor manager or even assistant or store manager from a smaller store, who is serious about retail and wants to progress their career and have responsbility for their own store.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team and report to the Store Manager. We have a clear career path progression in place right up to Store Manager level for those who have the drive, ambition and skills to do so.
- Ensure an excellent level of customer service is provided in the Store
- Ensure and collaborate in the implementation of merchandising standards
- Act as a role model and promote effective communication within the team
- Mentor, train and ensure the seamless integration of the new employees
- Lead and motivate the team, ensuring the development of staff potential
- Ensure all company guidelines, procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Perform key holding duties as required
- Complete effective handovers after shop minding
- Efficiently managing all aspects of running a successful busy retail outlet
- High energy individual with a minimum of 1 year or more experience working as Supervisor or Concession/Department/Floor Manager in a retail environment
- Have excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills
- Must be driven and willing to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to mentor and develop staff
- Must have a proven track record in meeting targets and deadlines
- Have the ability to excel in a retail environment
Support, Training and Development:
- Full on the job training supported by on-line training programme/tool
- Regular feedback through performance appraisals
- Further opportunities to develop your role
- Fun working environment
- €11 per hr
- Bonus 5% of Salary
If you have the skills and experienced required for this job opportunity, please attach a CV below for the attention of Ambyr Medford, in complete confidentiality. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.