General Manager – Building Merchants
We are recruiting an experienced General Manager to lead our client’s successful Building Merchant Store in Bantry West Cork. In this role, you will be responsible for leading your team to success across the trader counter, yard, and retail departments.
Our client is seeking a passionate and knowledgeable General Manager with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, suppliers, and their team. You will be responsible for the store P&L, driving commercials and operations across the store and ensuring all set and agreed KPI’s are met.
As a Branch Manager, you will need a strong level of expertise in DIY and Trade retailing with the ability to join the leadership team and maintain commercial and operational standards.
Responsibilities of this job:
- Implement change while delivering on retail priorities
- Effectively communicate targets and objectives
- Motivate your team while maintaining high levels of communication and engagement
- Analyse trading reports to execute and achieve store margin, profit, and KPI’s
- Ensure team is delivering exceptional customer service throughout all job roles
- Maintain P&L to ensure all margins throughout the departments are in line to make profit
- Achieve targets for stock control to stay in line with company expectations and minimise financial loss
- Work closely with business stakeholders, suppliers and buying group teams
- Proactively implement change to improve operational efficiency and productivity
Skills and experience required for this job:
- 3-4+ years of Senior Store Management with DIY/Builders providers experience essential
- Experience working with trade accounts and billing suppliers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead with positivity
- Customer service focused, strong leadership skills, and the ability to lead a diverse team
- Proven experience with leading a team to achieve success
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers and retail groups
- Strong commercial and operational experience essential
- Full P&L exposure essential
Excellent salary package on offer depending on experience.
Should you be interested in hearing more about this General Manager job opportunity please upload your CV to the link provided, or contact Aislinn on 018717604.