Finance Manager – Retail
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join a well-established multi-million-euro retail business in Blanchardstown.
I am looking for a Finance Manager with good commercial acumen who can analyse data, dig into the business and identify areas of opportunity to drive sales and enhance margin.
Responsible for a finance team of three It is essential that this person comes with people management experience and is a strong leader.
The Finance Manager will be a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the CFO and liaising with the business managers on key commercial business decisions.
They will analyse the business and create solutions to drive profitability through the management of sales, margins and overheads.
- Up to €80K may be negotiable but must reflect experience
- Other benefits discussed on applications
Key Responsibilities for the job of Finance Manager
- Take final responsibility for the drafting of statutory accounts for the group
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and group consolidated report
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals and year end reconciliation journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany account reconciliations
- Manage and maintain fixed asset register
- Manage the preparation of financial projections and forecasts
- Take final responsibility for banking including liaising with banking administrators
- Liaise with the CEO and COO in compiling the group’s annual budgets
- Take final accountability for the setting, monitoring and achieving budgets across the group
- Manage the preparation of statutory year end accounts
- Liaise with external auditors and provide all relevant information
- Take final responsibility for year-end returns (Annual Vat Return, P.35 Return)
- Prepare monthly management accounts and group consolidated report
- Analyse profitability by product group (department) and provide reporting to management and other departments as required
- Analyse monthly stock variance reports
- Manage employee performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement
- Liaise with data analytics to ensure: accurate reporting of sales, assess current pricing and margin performance and identify opportunities to drive sales and enhance margin
Skills & Experience for the job of Financial Controller
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA
- 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Strong people management experience
- Ability to translate data into insights and develop and deliver actions
- Excellent communication skills
Should you be interested in this job opportunity please apply or contact Ambyr on 01 8717609.