Excel Recruitment is seeking a Food Buyer for one of Ireland’s largest and most successful Retail and Food Service business. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Food Buyer to add value to Ireland’s most innovative and creative food retailer. Dublin City based.
- Car Allowance
- Further company benefits
Responsibilities of this this Food Buyer job include:
- Managing a portfolio of brands including product range and selection, introducing new brands and delisting existing suppliers or brands as market conditions demand
- Analysing performance and reviewing current ranges, taking action where appropriate
- Establishing strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in the business
- Maintaining and improving margins
- Identifying new opportunities and suppliers
- Sourcing and agreeing products for promotions and communication of such information to retailers, wholesale, sales and marketing teams
- Meeting customer and wholesale sales requirements in terms of range, pricing, presentation and promotions
- Co-operating, working with and supporting other members of the buying team to ensure that the overall division operates as an effective and efficient unit
- Lead the team by example: ensuring effective communication, support and recognition structures and practices are in place
Requirements for this Food Buyer job:
- 5+ years Food Buying experience
- Excellent communication skills with commercial aptitude
- Proven track record in achieving required sales and margin
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
Assistant Food Buyer
My client, one of Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses is seeking a commercial and passionate Assistant Food Buyer to join their highly reputable business in North Dublin. The successful candidate will implement the retail business development plans incorporating range, price, promotion, and supply chain across the company’s well-established brands.
- Salary €40-45k
- Agile Working
- Career Progression opportunities
Responsibilities of this Assistant Food Buyer job:
- Take ownership for the sales, margin and cash profit of a given product area to an allocated budget with the support of the Impulse Category Manager.
- Work with category planning team to conduct range reviews, decide on optimum ranges for the business and planograms for C&C’s.
- Review competitor price positioning, assess current pricing and margin performance and maximise retailer margins and competitive position within the market.
- Plan events and promotions as per event calendar and brief, communicate to suppliers and review proposals, brief suppliers on promotional requirements, review proposals and negotiate improvements to offers.
- Plan and co-ordinate a range of seasonal products to maximise sales and margins.
- Work with the supply chain team and the supplier base to ensure product availability to customers.
Experience required for this Assistant Trading Manager job:
- 2 years` experience working within a Trading/ Buying environment
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very high level of accuracy with demonstrable right first-time ethos
- Ability to understand how actions taken across the business affect sales and margin performance of the category.
- Excellent attention to detail; passionate about getting all projects right first time.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and differentiate between urgent and important tasks
- Excellent Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) & Outlook skill
- 3rd level business related degree
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.