Head of Sales – Road Freight
My Dublin based client is a leading international Logistics business who are recruiting a Head of Sales to lead a team of 6.
Generous salary on offer negotiable but must reflect experience, Bonus, Company Car and 10% Pension Contribution.
Reporting to the MD this person will lead, develop, implement and manage the overall sales activities with a particular focus on Irish customers who have road freight going into the UK and Europe or coming from the UK and Europe into Ireland. Domestic warehousing will also be a focus.
It is vital that the Head of Sales has experience with Irish road freight or logistics and a track record of managing a successful sales team.
Responsibilities for the job of Head of Sales – Road Freight:
- Understand the company’s ideal customers and how they relate to our products
- Winning of new customers, expansion of existing clients
- Planning, implementing and monitoring sales targets
- Effective communication within the sales department
- Promote the continuous learning and development of the sales team
- Continuously drive forward the sales team to identify, canvas and convert new profitable opportunities as part of our overall sales growth strategy
- Setting individual sales targets with the sales team
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation
- Developing the sales team through motivation, and product knowledge
- Partake at a senior level and influence the overall direction and strategy of the business
Requirements for the job of Head of Sales – Road Freight:
- 10 years previous experience within a direct sales function in the Irish Freight Industry preferably with a groupage and export focus.
- A proven track record of strong team management skills and experience, to manage and motivate teams to deliver.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to be personable yet persistent.
- 3rd level degree in Business or Supply Chain Management is an advantage
- Strong PC skills with Excel reporting knowledge
- Passion for selling with a drive to innovate.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity, please apply or call Ambyr on 01 8148747.