Garment Technologist – Childrenswear
My client, a rapidly expanding online retailer, is seeking a commercial and passionate Garment Technologist – Childrenswear to join their highly successful business. This is a wonderful time to join this inspiring brand. This role is based in the Netherlands.
- €50 -57k DOE
- Agile working
- Relocation Package
Responsibilities of this Garment Technologist – Childrenswear role include:
- Focus on assessing clothing for quality and fit for their private label collection.
- Draw up measurement schedules and initiate product improvements.
- Advise stylists, buyers, and suppliers about the fit and work together on the development of their private label collection.
- Make return analyses at supplier and article level and conduct seasonal evaluations.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding preparing orders for production and checking the sample process.
- Proactively think when it comes to improvements within your own team and in collaboration with the business.
Requirements for this Garment Technologist – Childrenswear role include:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a Garment Technician role within Private Label.
- You are analytically strong, good at Excel, commercially driven and you are a fully-fledged discussion partner for suppliers.
- You are a team player.
- You are accurate and know how to extract insights from data.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
Garment Technologist – Childrenswear
Our leading fashion retail client has new opportunities for experienced Garment Technologists to join their very successful fashion division. Dublin city centre based.
Garment Technologist, Fashion, Dublin city centre
Our leading international fashion client is looking for an experienced Garment Technologist who can work within a fast-paced environment and who possesses excellent organisational and communication skills.
The successful Garment Technologist will work alongside the product operations teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practice. You will ensure product is developed and supplied to our client’s customers customer that complies with their quality standards and looks to exceed customer expectations
Responsibilities for this Garment Technologist job include:
- Driving the delivery of the departmental and quality strategy in line with customer’s expectations
- Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose
- Applying quality standards and commercially evaluating product testing
- Monitoring returns reports
- Undertaking benchmarking exercises with competitors
- Adhering to and ensuring Best Practise is followed for sampling
- Liaise with retail teams to understand and interpret customer feedback on quality issues
- In partnership with the buying teams, participate in supplier meetings to drive the quality agenda
- Engaging with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
- Identifying opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
- Through training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the sampling hit rate
- Providing coaching and up-skilling to the Buying teams as required
Requirements of this Garment Technologist job include:
- 3+ years experience in similar position
- Proactive problem solver and commercially minded
- Experience of fitting across multiple products
- Full understanding of grading
- Full understanding of mass production
- Experience of travel to varied supplier base – FE, Europe and Africa
- High levels of communication and organisation
- Experience of implementing process and following through to review
- Experience of managing and delivering on projects
- Worked in both branded and retail environment – would be ideal
- Good IT skills
- Competency at understanding test reports
Permanent job salary: €65-71k DOE & Excellent benefits
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.