Market Share for the 12 weeks ending 14th August 2016.
The latest Grocery figures posted by Kantar Worldwide show exceptional growth across Irish Grocery Retail, for the 12 weeks ending 14th August 2016. The notable points from the quarter include:
- Lidl’s market share has reached 11.9% – a new record high for the retailer, beating their previous high of 11.8%. In the past 12 weeks, Lidl have recruited 34,000 new shopper to their stores.
- SuperValu are still Ireland’s favourite Supermarket with sales growth of 3.2%. An additional 15,000 consumers shopped with the retailer over the last 12 weeks, as they maintained their positioning as Ireland’s favourite supermarket for the 11th consecutive month.
- Dunnes Stores posted the strongest growth figures for the quarter, with sales up 5.8% versus last year.
- Price of groceries has increased slightly, with the average basket costing 2.7% more than this time last year.
- Areas of particular growth include Vegetables, Fruit and Beer.