Assistant Buyer – north Dublin
Excel Recruitment is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Buyer to join an established and successful Non-Food Retailer in their fast-paced head office in north Dublin.
Why our client?
This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading electrical and telecommunications retailers and be a part of an expanding buying team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone in the early stages of their buying career looking to progress in a fast pace head office retail environment.
The core purpose of this role is to support the Buyer and to effectively work alongside the retail stores. This role focuses on administrative and data entry tasks along with assisting the Buyer in planning and implementing key initiatives to grow the category.
As Assistant Buyer, you will
- Work closely with store staff to ensure initiatives are rolled out
- Input pricing accurately as directed by the Buyer
- Produce daily and weekly stock / sales reports
- Brief Marketing and Online teams on weekly promotions
- Undertake regular tracking of competitor activity
- Produce promotional planning documents for different categories
- Ensure all online content is correct and up-to-date
- Ad hoc projects
Skills and qualities required for this Assistant Buyer job include
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational, analytical and data management skills
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent retail experience
- Experience of Electricals/Tel-com market and products
Salary: €35-40k DOE & generous benefits
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat!