Assistant Buyer Home job, Dublin city centre
Excel Recruitment is looking for a dynamic Assistant Buyer who can work within a fast-paced environment and possesses excellent critical path management skills. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in product development and Buying their own ranges. Reporting to the Buyer, you will be working as part of our client’s Home department team.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic candidate who is ideally already at Assistant Buyer level. Our client needs a confident communicator with good negotiation skills who can build strong supplier relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join this very popular fashion retailer and to give their customers accessibility to the latest trends for amazing value.
Responsibilities for this Assistant Buyer job include:
- Contributing to the development and sourcing of products to achieve profit targets
- Taking appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Interpreting trends and translating into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications
- Reviewing competitor’s offers and continually assessing the range against competitors
- Understanding the customer base in conjunction with the Buyer
- Supporting negotiations and working with supply base to ensure best costs and margins are achieved
- Directing and training junior team members
Requirements for this of Assistant Buyer job include:
- Minimum 3+ year’s relevant Buying experience
- Ability to perform under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work without direction
- Passion for trend and product
- Great attention to detail with a commercial aptitude
- Strong multi-tasking skills
Salary: DOE and includes an excellent benefits package
Sarah Hurley is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website.