Assistant Buyer – World Foods in North Dublin
Reporting to the Buyer, you will be responsible for the sales, margin and profit of each category and work to an allocated budget. Ownership for the sales, margin and cash profit of given product areas to an allocated budget with the support of your Buyer.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this expansive food company. We are looking for enthusiastic buying candidates who are commercial negotiators coupled with a love for food. This is a really exciting opportunity to work for an innovation and progressive company. Some oversees travel is required.
You must have at least 2+ years buying experience to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Provide Administrative Support to Buyer
- Organise promotional activity and communicate back to stores
- Help resolve supplier/branch/accounts queries
- Prepare appropriate reports for daily, weekly and any adhoc meetings
- Review service levels on a weekly basis to assess performance issues and take appropriate action to resolve
- Support Project work as required e.g. Seasonal brochure, range rationalisation or any other projects that the business may require
- Maintain supplier and category filing system
- Support buyer with strategy, pricing and market activity, promotions and supply chain
Requirements of this Assistant Buyer job:
- Undergraduate or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in a buying role in a similar environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritising and negotiation skills
- Passion for Food and specific interest in World Foods
Salary: €35-40k DOE & benefits
To apply for this job please apply via the form below. Sarah Hurley will respond to all suitable applicants in due course. Please ensure that you meet the criteria before sending your CV.
For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. SB123