Assistant Merchandiser job in Dublin city centre
This is a new and exciting position for an experienced Assistant Buyer to join our creative corporate gifting e-tailer in their modern head office in Dublin city centre.
Supporting the Creative Director and Merchandising Manager, you will manage a varied workload, with no two days being the same. As Assistant Buyer, you will help manage budgets, plan ranges, and will build solid relationships with suppliers to secure the best commercial results for the business. You will travel regularly to research new and exciting products, and attend trade shows across Europe to scope out opportunities.
The successful candidate will work cross-functionally within the business, liaising with the creative, logistics and sales team etc.
The ideal candidate will come from a retail buying background, possess strong MS Excel skills and be happy working within in a creative and varied working environment.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate supply base performance based on pricing, margin, quality and delivery
- Display strong negotiations skills to ensure nest price and margin
- Maintenance of payment terms and shipping details records
- Attending trade shows and visiting key producers throughout the year to source new products, meet suppliers and capture trends
- Ensure right mis of product and maintain awareness of competitor offering and position
What you’ll have:
- Minimum 2+ years retail buying experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Be active in pre-empting and solving problems
- Creativity, curiosity and dedication
Salary: DOE plus excellent benefits on offer
Should you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Sarah on 01 8148747 for a confidential chat if you hold the relevant experience!